Make your own movie! Over a 10 class term students will learn the basics of filmmaking and get to write, direct, design and act in their own short film.
Saturdays in Queens Park
12.30pm – 1.30pm
(Or join our general drama group first from 10.30am)
Learn the secrets of great screen acting so that you can really shine! And there’s so much movie making creativity to enjoy with writing, directing, camera, sound, make-up and costume design!
We have run filmmaking workshops for many years in our after-school clubs and holiday workshops. This 10 week course is a great opportunity to take that further, giving children a chance to learn the basics of filmmaking in a fun, supportive group class.
Taught by award-winning filmmaker Steven Bloomer and experienced film and TV actor Elizabeth Edmonds.
- Explore the creative potential of green screen filmmaking and special effects!
- Understand editing: seeing how films are put together from different shots
- Unleash the power of sound – adding FX and their own ‘foley’
- Get to grips with film acting – with lots of opportunities to act in front of camera and watch their work back
- Write, direct and star in a short film